☼ NSFDC (National Scheduled Caste Finance & Development Corporation) provides Education Loans to Scheduled Caste students for studying Full-Time Professional/Technical/Higher Education courses.
West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Development and Finance Corporation extends loan to eligible Scheduled Castes students for pursuing full-time professional / technical / higher education under "Education Loan Scheme" of National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC)
☼ Eligibility for the Education Loan:
● Applicants should be residents of West Bengal ordinarily.
● Applicants should have Schedules Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority (SDO/ADM).
● Applicant’s family income should be less than Rs.40, 000 in rural area and Rs.55, 000 in urban area.
● Applicants should have secured admission to the educational institution on the basis of Entrance tests like JEE, CAT etc.
☼ Professional / Technical Courses covered by the Scheme:
Full time professional / Technical courses in the fields of Engineering, Architecture, Medical, Dental, Physiotherapy, Management, Information Technology, Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Biotechnology, Law Education Journalism & Mass Communication CA ICWA CS AMIE FIA IETE & Higher Education like Doctoral Studies leading to M.Phil/ PhD from Government Recognized Institutions
☼ Maximum Limit of Loan provided by NSFDC:
For Studies within India: Up to Rs. 10.00 lakh
For studies abroad: Up to Rs. 20.00 lakh
☼ Expenses Covered:
1. Admission Fees & Tuition Fees.
2. Boarding & Lodging expenses.
3. Book bank/Library Fees.
4. Soft Skill Development Fees.
5. Caution Money (College & Hostel).
6. Development Fees.
7. Examination Fees.
8. Games & Sports etc.
☼ Rate of Interest:
4% per annum (3.5% in case of women Beneficiaries)
☼ Guideline to apply for the Education Loan:
● Applicants, who wish to apply for the Education Loan, have to apply on line by visiting www.wbsed.gov.in/wbscstdfc
● After submission of online application form applicants have to carefully note and preserve the Application Id, generated in the course of submission of online application. This will enable them to login with username as application Id & password.
● Notice indicating date and venue of documentation would be published in the portal. Applicants are advised to check their e-mail regularly and/or visit the portal update themselves.
For detail information and Application form visit website www.wbsed.gov.in/wbscstdfc
☼ Address of WBSCSTDFC:
West Bengal Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribes Development & Finance Corporation,
135A B.R.B.B. Road (Canning Street),
Website - www.wbsed.gov.in/wbscstdfc
Willing students may also visit http://www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in/htm/activities.html for various schemes for SC, ST students.